Thursday, November 21, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Hagi-Day 4 part i)

After Matsue, in the morning, as I booked 11.10am from Matsue to Hagi, I walked around Matsue again, as weather was quite good. And then had my breakfast at a local market, then I walked back to the hostel, then to Matsue station. 
The train ride from Matsue to Hagi, the journey is filled with beautiful sceneries, with lots of trees (forests) and seaview, as the railway track is along the coastal line.
Train ride from Matsue to Hagi (exchange train at Masuda stati

The view along the way

The station here is Higashi-Hagi, and from Matsue to here, only JR pass is required. Initially, I was thinking of alighting at Hagi station, but luckily, Google map helps, and by checking the distance, the nearest station to the hostel I booked has to be Higashi Hagi, that is a station before Hagi main station.


The riverview along the way to the accommodation I booked.

 The pictures below show the accommodation I booked, which is very nice and one of the happiest moment I had during my this trip. Will explain the reason in part ii,





The front entrance of the accommodation, it is renovated from an old traditional house, with nice Tatami mat. I was allowed to have an early check in by Santa-San, and once done, I went to my room, and wash a few pieces of my underwear and hang it for drying before going out for a walk.
With a short google,  Hagi old town is like 1.5Km walking distance away, and you know me, I will definitely walk ( but in my next trip there, definitely I will borrow the bicycle from the hostel).
But the key point is the first impression of Hagi city, I just fell in love with this city, really beautiful, really give a feeling like you are in Kyoto old city.

The following pictures, showing the streets, on the way walking towards Hagi old city.








 The following pictures show the Old Hagi city, and when I arrived here it is close to 4.30PM.

  And my favorite, as Hagi city is famous for its high quality
 I bought a few pieces of ceramics but not from the shop here but from one local artist, in another lcoation.



                                          Beautiful Hagi ceramics


A local bus stop








I walked to Hagi Castle Ruins area, but since it was a bit late and the entrance was closed, hence, can only snap a picture from the outside. But it was nice that, sunset was around the corner, hence the few sunset pictures as shown below:
















 And for dinner on my first nite here, after walking to a few places and I could not find the food I want (there are not that many restaurants in Hagi as it is a small city and also, I think people tend to sleep a bit early here). I ended up buying some fresh foods from the local supermarket, on the way back to hostel and cooked in the kitchen and share with Santa-San. And it was a very fruitful and happy trip at Hagi



Choong
Hagi old town
Higashi Hagi station
From Home






No comments: