Thursday, November 21, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Tottori To Yura Station-Day 2-part i)

Tottori city, to me is a bit boring, city life wise, historical wise, and I came basically because of the Sand Dunes. Hence, on the evening I decided to change a bit of my plan, and then I went to Yura station, or Conan station, as it was quite a nearby location.Again, JR pass is helpful to travel as always.

Since I am using a local train (not the express type), it takes a while to arrive, as the train stops basically, at almost every station, and has to wait sometimes, at certain station, to let the express trains pass first before our train is allowed to continue to journey.
The local train map

One station after Tottori, school going children taking the train too school


The train is almost empty, as it was not the peak season to travl

Conan station, and tourist information counter is on the left side of the station






It was a pleasant walk in the city, very clean and every little corner or along the road, you may see many different cartoon characters. I walked until I reached Conan bridge and also the small museum where there is a shop selling souveniers.






The famous bridge

The famous cartoon character at the beginning of the bridge-walk.

And while waiting for my train to Kurayoshi, I drank my favorite green tea

As it was raining and after spending about 2 hours walking around, then I walked around Kurayoshi, without doing much preparation to explore this city actually. It was only my back up plan for Tottori sector, but I think it was worth to explore.

Choong
Morning city walk, Yura station area.
Writing from Home

No comments: