Friday, November 22, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku Japan in October 2019 (Hagi-Day 5-part ii)

Apposite Tokoji temple, is another shop selling Hagiyaki pottery.

After Tokoji temple, I made a short walk to another shrine, that is Shoin Shrine, which is like 800m walking distance (downhill direction from Tokoji temple).

A pic of Shoin Shrine



After this brief stop,  then walk along the Hashimoto river, towards Higashi Hagi station, to take train towards Hagi station, with the intention of visiting Aiba waterway.
It is very interesting to see local residents placed their garden produce at a temporary shed, and you may take whatever you want, and pay the amount in a coin box 

Hashimoto river, towards Higashi Hagi station

From view of Hagi station an old station, but very nice one.

Walking towards Alba waterway, the waterway is very clean, beautiful and mesmerizing. I have other pictures taken in with my camera, but have yet to download. Will try to upload with more pictures later after I have downloaded from my camera.



After this place, I walked again, back towards Hagi old city...and visited Kubota residence. Pictures below tell more about the place:





And before dinner, we went to the beach just at the corner of the hostel I stay...Kikugahama beach for sunset pic




The finale of my stay at the Hagi hostel was the dinner that we cooked and made together at our stay together with a few other guests. We shared among ourselves, Santa-San, Kumura-San and Kubo-San and we have a hot-wok dinner together. 





the walking direction in Hagi, and could be close to 30Km in total.


And the the final picture was taken before I went off to Higashi Hagi train station to board my train to Shimonoseki. Story continues later.


Choong
Hagi-Shoin Temple
Hagi-Aiba waterway
Hagi-Kubota Residence
Hagi-Kikugahama beach
Hagi-Dinner
Written From Home



No comments: