Friday, November 22, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Hagi-Day 5)

This is actually part ii of my stay at Hagi, and a full day in Hagi city itself, hence I walked around the city to various places (actually quite a long walk, through out the different parts of the city, and in case if I ever visit Hagi or any city in Japan again, I think cycling is still the best, not only it is able to save time, it is also another form of exercise and calories burning activity).

After having my simple breakfast at my accommodation, I then started my journey to the eastern part of the city, walking towards the Higashi hagi station direction, then move towards the Reverberatory Furnace (Under world heritage), and the reason to come to this place is because it relates to ceramic and everything that has anything to do with Ceramica and porcelain, or earthwork, I will definitely have a key interest in it.


Reverberatory Furnace


The view from reverbaratory, the seaview


Another ceramic furnace nearby
Then, I walked towards another world heritage, that is Ebisugahana shipyard, take a short break, and then another destination nearby, the seafood market.
Ebisugahana Shipyard, opposite this direction is the seafood market where I went for my lunch, very delicious.


And then walking towards the next destination, that is Tokoji Temple, I stopped at a Hagiyaki pottery, and of course, as an Earth-guy, no matter how many pieces I had already collected, there is always new items to be added to my collection. Beautiful pieces as shown in the pictures below (and you may guess which piece(s) I bought:









And next, I walked to Tokoji Temple, an old temple, and actually, this was also recommended by Santa-san (mgr at the accommodation I stay).






The pictures tells a lot about this temple, and I would personally recommend that you must visit this temple whenever you are at Hagi. You need to buy an entrance ticket for sure.
Details of Tokoji Temple-https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6153.html

After this, then I walked towards Higashi Hagi station, because I need to take the train to Hagi Station, then walk to the Aiba waterway, which is really a long walk.

Choong
Hagi Reverberatory
Hagiyaki Pottery
Tokoji Temple
Written from Home



No comments: