Friday, November 22, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Tokushima-Naruto Whirlpool, day 8-part ii)

In the morning before my departure to Naruto Whirlpool, I quickly walked to the famous shop that make the best lacquerware in Takamatsu (which opens at 10am-I had a check a nite before). It is called Uruhi or shikki. Pictures below showing the famous Gotou Urushi in Takamatsu.















The artist and her mother making all these beautiful art pieces.

 And the final part of traveling in Takamatsu/Tokushima, to Naruto pool, and for this, I need to take train from Takamatsu station to Naruto station by JR train, again using my JR pass. Upon arriving, then I walked to the building opposite Naruto JR station for the bus to Naruto park. Information is as attached, and also all these information we may get it from Tourist information centre.



Actually, from Takamatsu station to Naruto station, you need to stop at Ikenotani to exchange to another line in order to arrive to Naruto station, then to the bus station.



Naruto station, under renovation


The bus to Naruto park





The Queue towards the entrance to Naruto whirlpool














This is again back to Iketonani station, and waiting for the train to take me back to Takamatsu station.


It is quite a meaningful trip to this place, and everything went quite well for me, feeling full of gratitude. And on the way back, I remembered I went a local supermarket to buy my dinner and took it at the hotel.

On the 9th day morning, the journey continues to Kochi.

Choong
Takamatsu-City
Tokushima-Naruto Whirlpool
Written at home







No comments: