Friday, November 22, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Shimonoseki-Tsunoshima Bridge-Day 6)

After Hagi, then I took train to Shimonoseki, with the intention to visit Tsunoshima Bridge. But I have to make a note here that this arrangement was not the right choice as I spent too much time on the train. Instead of using SHimonoseki-Station as the stop to visit Tsunoshima Bridge which is a bit far away, I should have stopped at Nagotoshi Station and change to another local line to Kotoi station for example, that would be a faster and proper choice.

Taking the local train from Higashi-Hagi to Shimonoseki Station (Changing two more stations in between, before reaching to Shimonoseki Station)



A


Pictures of Shimonoseki city when I reached, and pictures taken around the station



Once arrived at SHimonoseki station, then I quickly went to the tourism center inquiring the trip to Tsunoshima bridge, but I think due to language barrier, I did not get a good explanation and luckily I  the JR officer on duty was providing me with the assistance I needed.

This map will inform why I think Nagotishi station is a better option to visit Tsunoshima bridge.

Anyway, once arrived, I got the help of the lady officer in charge explaining how to get to Tsunoshima bridge and with limited trains and almost the final bus ride, the detailed explanation from this JR officer was very helpful, and single or little mistake means I will not be able to reach there on time to board the bus back to  Takibe station, and the train ride back to SHimonoseki station. Just put a note that I stayed at Shimonoseki Station West Washington Hotel Plaza which was about 200m walking distance from the station.

The pictures below will explain how I managed to get to Tsunoshima bridge, first the train from Shimonoseki station to Takibe station, and from this station, the blue bus to the nearest station to Tsunoshima bridge (The bus stop name is Hotel Nishinagato Resort and from here, you need to talk about 5 minutes to the bridge). To get back to Takibe station, you still need to come back to the bus station (which is opposite the bus station that I disembarked), and time table needs to refer to the table below (and for my trip this time, the final blue bus ride from Tsunoshima bridge was at 17.26...but I was very lucky, all were under control, and the information given by JR officer was very very helpful.






In the blue bus to Hotel Nishinagato Resort Entrance


Pictures below show the Tsunoshima bridge and areas surrounding.
The famous bridge




Sunset at Tsunoshima bridge




The bus stop for the blue bus to go back to Takibe bridge

Blue bus arriving

For my trip during that time, I can use train at Kottoi station to reach Takibe station, which means I don't need to use the blue bus for the full journey to go back to Takibe station, which means lesser bus fees. I am thankful for the considerate Japanese JR officer for her kind guidance.


The pictures below, showing me at Takibe station, waiting for the train ride to go back to Shimonoseki Station.



And for my own record, I reached Shimonoseki-station as per the schedule mentioned above and bought my dinner and took it at the hotel as I could not find any restaurant selling the food that I like to have and also I was quite tired looking for one.
And breakfast at Shimonoseki Station West Washington hotel, on the following day was  a simple one, just bread with coffee and water, and also boiled eggs. And after the meal, I checked out and walked to the station, in order to take train to the second part of my journey, that was to Shikoku Island and first stop is at Takamatsu station.

Choong
Shimonoseki station, 
Tsunoshima bridge
Written From Home


No comments: