Sunday, November 24, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Kochi to Shimanto-Day 11, 27th October)

After attending Sunday market at Kochi market, then I took train from Kochi station to Kubokawa station first and then I need to changed to local express line (Shimanto line, and this is not covered under JR pass). This means that I need to pay an additional JY 1530 for the sector from Kubokawa to Nakamura- station.

Passing by this famous station that can take you to the famous market

 The following 3 pictures showing that I was on the way from Kubokawa to Nakamura-San and the receipt for the amount I paid for Kubokawa Station to Nakamura-Station



And finally, I arrived to Nakamura- Station and I saw the nice train taking you to Sukumo (Kyushu Island)




And once arrived, I walked to the tourist information counter to ask for some information on Shimanto river, and also to Sukumo, and since I only have lesser than a day here (putting up a nite here), I didn't asked for too much informaton. My intention is only to do some cycling around SHimanto river and some sight seeing of the natural environment.
my hotel, Hotel Sunriver Shimanto, I like this hotel the best throughout my Japanese trip this time around.




 Not only the room was new, good and neat, their nite time tea break and breakfast the following morning was superb.








 The hotel was very good that once I arrived, around 12.30noon, the front desk told me that I can check in as the room was already ready. I was like, wow, feels so  gratitude. After I put in all my stuff, took my shower and change clothing for cycling, then I went out. I first cycled nowhere as my handphone was not functioning and luckily it came back functioning normally after a while, hence I google for the submerge bridge.







 And after cycling close to 7km in total, I arrived to the famous submerged bridge, Sada no Chinkabashi.








 When it is raining season, the water might overflow and covered the bridge..hence the name of the bridge. But cycling to this bridge is very interesting and the happiness with excitement is very hard to explain here.

 Then I cycled back and then went back to the city, on the way, I stopped at a house selling their local fruits, local tangerine that sells at 10pcs at JY 200. Then to a shrine...Ichijo Shrine






The famous Shimantogawa Brigde (Red Iron Bridge)




 Then, bought my dinner, kind of tempura, and had my dinner at the hotel room.



Shimanto, the stay was very happy one and I am really satisfied, and this place is the 3rd that I like during my this trip.

Choong
Shimanto river
Shimanto Submerged brige -Sada no Chinkabashi
Shimantogawa Bridge (Red Iron Bridge)

Written at Home




No comments: