Sunday, November 24, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Matsuyama to Osaka, 29th and 30th October, Day 13th and 14th)

Finally, the finale of the trip.
Departed from Matsuyama Station at 8.10am, to Okayama station, and from Okayama station with Sakura Line 544, to Shin Osaka. And from Shin Osaka, using my Suica card and midosuji like to my hotel, Osaka View Hotel, Honmachi Station. After checked into hotel, I actually walked to the city centre, to Osaka Harbour for my lunch and a a bit of shopping.



Matsuyama station



                                         Scenes along the way from Matsuyama to Okayama









     my hotel in Osaka, and I like this hotel actually very new, clean and very good value for money.



Walking along the streets to Osaka station from the hotel









The hotel I stayed when i first came to Japan in year 1998, my first trip to Japan, memories haha



The famous zebra crossing at Osaka station

The famous takoyaki, and that was my lunch.

The food streets in Osaka station area

The famous bread stall










And on the 30th morning, I had woke up very early as I need to take the train from Honmachi station to Umeda station, then from there to Kansai station with the local train. even though it was still very early, the train was very crowded. And have to take note of the coach number, like coach 1-4 is going to Kansai airport, and the rest were going to Wakayama, hence need to be careful on train coaches. The split will take place at Hineno station.
Crowded train to Kansai airport and need to stand for more than 1 hour.

The early brunch in Cathay Pacific with my pre-ordered vegetarian meal was very delicious. I am surprised that Japanese chef can prepare so good vegetarian food,


vegetarian food

And at HK airport for transit, had my milk tea and also croissant.


Then my flight back to Kuala Lumpur.

In short, I feel very happy, contented, grateful for all the blessings throughout the trip.
The journey throughout went so well and I experienced so many new things, met so many nice people, saw many new things and tried many new food, and of course bought some nice handicrafts.

Went to about 15 cities altogether- Osaka, Tottori, Conan city, Kurayoshi,  Matsue, Hagi, Shimonoseki, Tatsuyama, Naruto, Kochi, Oboke, Shimanto, Matsuyama, HK, KL.

Total distance walked : 170KM

Thank you.

Choong
Written from Home

No comments: