Thursday, November 21, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Tottori to Matsue day 3)

In the morning before going over to Matsue for a one nite stay, I walked to Tottori castle ruin, from the hotel. It is about 2.3Km away. And since I think I have enough time, I walked there, but it was raining heavily. I did not manage to go up to have a look at the ruins, but managed to go until the main entrance, but since the workers were repairing a bridge and it was quite muddy, hence I did not proceed further. And time was a bit limited, I rushed back to Hotel Monarque and then proceeded to Tottori train station to go to next destination, Matsue.

Photo was not well taken but only photo that I took when I walked close to the entrance of the ruins and it was raining heavily.

my shoes were wet.





In the train to Matsue


Matsue, upon arriving, gives a very good feeling, not sure why, but when you are a seasoned traveler, the six sense will give you the feeling whether the particular city is going to be attractive and you (my ownself) will like it. Matsue gives me that feeling that I like it, though only will be here for a nite. Upon arrival, immediately I went to search for my hostel. Reason I chose hostel was because it was hard to get hotel nearby cause I booked quite late, secondly I like the way this hostel looked and price was very reasoanble, and since the stay will be very short, hence I booked this one.
The river, along the way to Matsue castle
The entrance of the hostel I stayed at Matsue



The road in Matsue, along the way to Matsue castle is very quiet. 


On the way of climbing up to Matsue castle, you will pass by this shrine, and a villa next to it.

The villa, now is a restaurant.

A special bus in Matsue city.

One of my favorite bread for breakfast

On of the cultural activities at Mastue, in front of the road near to the hostel I stay.

Background is the famous castle

                                         Sceneries along the city, on the way to Matsue castle

Another surprise if a visit to Lake Shinji, a mesmerizing view. Not in my original plan, and sometimes, you found something along the way or not from all the studies in websites, google...that for me is more interesting.





  Near to Matsure museum


The famous Buddha statues at the side of Shinji lake


close to sunset time

And another surprise, was the famous beautiful sunset in this place, and most photographers will visit here to take photos during sunset.
And for the record, I also went to Aeon mall to buy some food and green tea for my late lunch and bottled tea is much cheaper here then buying from convenience store or vending machines.

Choong
Writing from Home
Matsue castle, Shinji lake



No comments: