Thursday, November 21, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Kurayoshi/Chukokuji Temple-Day 2-part ii)

Since I finished my trip earlier at Conan city/station, and it started raining, hence I quickly bought some simple breakfast (rice ball usually and green tea) and rush back to Conan station, then took the train to Kurayoshi station.

Time table for trains going to Kurayoshi Station, and leaving Kurayoshi to Tottori station


Just happen to see two older version train stopping by at the station, the orange color was the one I took.


When I was leaving for Tottori station, this train arrived and again, I was lucky to be able to take this train back to Tottori station.

The first place I stopped by was the the white while building. It was quite a nice place, like an old traditional city, kind of old Kyoto.










while walking around this part of old city, I bought a set of Japanese bowl, which of course I like a lot
lot.

It rained actually throughout my walk here, and with a small umbrella, and wet leather shoes, it is very inconvenient to explore around, but, knowing myself well, I like to walk and explore around, and the second part of the journey was walking further uphill to Utsubuki Park.




Utsubuki park is very nice and quite huge to explore and usually visitors come here during the spring season for the Sakura. And for my this trip, since it is still mid Autumn, and at Western part of Honshu, Autumn still come a bit late, hence you do not see many maple trees changing its color.

And from the loca tourist map, I happen to see the location of Chukokuji temple (长谷寺), which only now I knew is part of the 33 Kannon Temple Pilgrimage (Kannon is the Goddess of Mercy). Walking to this temple was a bit scary, as I was walking alone, and it was very dark even though at that time it was around 1-2pm (but you have to imagine yourself in a jungle, surrounded by tall trees, and the sky was covered with dark clouds and it was raining. But nevertheless, I made it there, walking like close to 2 Km from Utsubuki garden main entrance point. Using Google maps inside during the walk to the temple was misleading sometime, as the phone line reception was a bit poor when you are inside the jungle.



The Kannon Temple.....I was the only Human Being in this location at that time and it was darker than what you see in this picture.




 I thought after I reached this Kannon temple, I do not need to walk back the path I came from, but google maps was stating otherwise, meaning to say, I have to walk exactly 2Km, dark wet road that I came from, and you can imagine my feeling at that time, but then, being a practicing Buddhist, if this fear also I could not conquer, then it is meaningless to call myself as a Buddhist. Hence I took up the challenge, and almost lost my way on the way walking back to Utsubuki park, as Google maps gave a misleading information. But then again, when your mind is calm, you will definitely find your way out. Yes, throughout the journey here, the mantra " Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha" came out from my mouth, and mind at the same time, non-stop. But I was glad that I made it to the temple and walked, again to the main entrance point using the same route.


 Choong
Whitehouse, Chukokuji temple
Written from Home


No comments: