Sunday, November 24, 2019

Trip to Western Honshu and Shikoku, Japan in October 2019 (Takamatsu to Kochi-Day 9, Day 10)

After Takamatsu and Kochi, time to move to Kochi. Actually, I wanted to include Kotohira in my itinerary, but due to time factor, I have to give this place a miss.
And taking train from Takamatsu is quite smooth, except I need to change my train at different stations, that's all (all information will be provided by JR stations and JR officer will give you proper and sound advice, hence I think I need not write the details here). In short, there is no direct train to Kochi from Takamatsu, there is a need to change train at transit station, for my case, it should be at Marugame station, and from there take another train to Kochi station. Anyway, it is very easy with JR pass.

At the transit station, and saw a group of school boys having their classes at the station, and listening to instructions given by their teachers and the officer on duty.


The statues in front of Kochi station and the city view on my way walking to the hotel

Kochi is the second city that I like a lot after Hagi. The feeling is good and interesting. The information counter is outside the JR station, hence you need to walk a bit to this information office and can find a lot of traveling tips that might help you.
1) You may consider taking a daily transportation pass, for the trams and buses, if you intend to Katsurahama beach, Hirome market, Kochi castle, Mount Godaishan.The pass is called MY-Yu Bus, and it only costs JY 500 for foreign tourists. This is very economical and value for money, please seriously consider.
2) I stayed at Welcome Kochi Hotel, again, is about 800m away from KOchi station (if you take tram, it is a short walking distance away), it is worth the stay as it is near next to the Sunday market, and also a walking distance to Kochi castle and Hirome market. Do consider this hotel when you visit Kochi, and not only that, breakfast is very good here, and they do provide free drinks at nite time.

Pictures below were taken at Katsurahama beach---I did not manage to cover the other locations covered by the pass like Makino Botanical garden, Godaisan Observatory, chikurinji temple, due to time factor.. Anyway, once cannot asked for too much, just enjoy whatever that comes along. And on the way going back to the city with this pass, I managed to stop by at Harimaya Bashi.







MY-yu-Bus

The 3 pictures were taken while in this Y Yu Bus, that gives a glimpse of Kochi city.




Pictures taken at Harimaya Bashi/



After this brige, I took a tram (all with the pass that I have bought) to Hirome nite market for my dinner.











One food counter owner was nice enough to help me to take photo, very happy indeed for single traveler like me

 After Hirome market, I walked towards Kochi castle direction, just to get a feel of nite view of Kochi city, before going back to hotel for a good rest.







Kochi Castle-nite view








Comfortable bedroom at Welcome Kochi hotel
I really love the breakfast they offered at this hotel, simple but nice and delicious.






 And on day 10, in early morning, before taking my train to Oboke station, I still have time to walk around in the Kochi castle for a different morning view.




















And then I walked to Kochi station, for my trip to Oboke Gorge, and the nearest station is to Oboke Station.

Choong
Katsurahama beach
Hirome market
Kochi castle
Harimaya bashi

Written this at home

No comments: