Friday, April 9, 2010

My Leg, My Foot and MY DETTOL

Oh Gosh, I didn't what went wrong. I had a small cut, very minor one, and the small scratches that usually you will tend to ignore. I didn't even realise that I had a cut until 2 days later, as it became more painful. And when took a look, it was already a bit infected, having a bit of inflammation.
And I realised this while I was on the plane, on the way to Guangzhou (GZ). And the agony started after that. I took shower, and cleaned my so call wound with a bottle of antiseptic I brought with me. I went for my sleep, gosh, the next morning when I woke up, it became very painful that walking seemed to be a problem. I was limping to the washroom. And I could not really walk, as it became quite painful, though the wound looked rather small or almost nothing. Then I went to my office, and then my colleague brought me to a city hospital in GZ (I am not going into details here, as visiting a hospital in China is actually very tedious, you have to climb one floor to another, and visiting one department to another. And if my colleague was not with me, I was not sure if I could make it back home...........as I was already limping. And thank goodness, they clean my wound, and dress it. And gave me some medicine, and some spray. And I left, going back to office. Then to walking for my lunch, about 1KM away, raining, and walking back, then went to a customer's place in the afternoon, running after a taxi to send us back to office (under the rain) and then finally for our dinner, again, walking around to search for restaurant. By the time I reach hotel, my leg almost 'paralyzing', the wound now became reddish and swollen. And I could not move it anymore. After shower, I applied by spraying the solution and 2 more times through the nite. In the morning, I excuse myself from visiting a customer, because more walking means I might not be able to use my foot anymore..... And then I was suppose to go to Shanghai, but thank goodness, my colleague mentioned that I should not go, as taking care of the problem is more important. I appreciate their care..... and by the time I reached home, the wound has swollen into twice its original size, and reddish. After my shower, and talking to my friend in Taiwan, Dr. Devil, I applied some Dettol cream, a lot of that, before my sleep (I dreamed of my dad in my dreams,,,haha) and then when I woke up, the swelling had subsided and I could walk better. Later on, I visited another Doctor in Beijing to make sure it was fine. The Doctor said, oh meiwenti, it is recovering. I will give you another cream, you can just applied it. And if you have any problem, come to see me again (cipiak punya Doctor, macam ini pun boleh cakap ke). And I have to fork out another RMB 120 for a bottle of cream. In GZ, I paid another RMB 120. And it is better now, and I trust and hope it will be better soon.
The point that I learn from this is to take care of the small cut, no matter how small it is, esp. in environment that we are new with, where the bacteria and germs are not our 'friends' still. In Malaysia, these bacteria will not attack me, because they are environmental friendly. Just joking:). My colleague in KL, Jenna, suggested me to paste a picture here. I said NOooooooooooooooo.

And I am grateful too for the support given by my colleagues-friends.

1) Winnie, my GZ office assistant for bringing me to hospital, organising from car to helping me to register and getting the doctor and nurse to dress my wound.
2) My sales colleague for buying breakfast for me, and taking my to Beijing hospital today for further inspection.
3) Messages like these:
i) 您的辛苦我们都看在眼里.有这样的老板在前面领路.我觉得我们如果再不努力良心上都会过不去.您在这边要保护好自己.今天晚上找个中医类的足疗店捏捏脚会好些.或者去药店咨询买点膏药.有助于恢复.辛苦了!
ii) 别吃面包了,我给你带素包子和粥吧,一会你过来了吃完了咱们再去医院
iii) Tony:需要我帮你吗
iv) Marco :需要我陪你一起去吗?为什么去同仁?离你家又不近
v) 看不到你的伤也没法判断,自己注意咯.别搞严重了哦.贺刚才特地打电话给我让我叫你今天去看医生,他觉得你会听我的话还是有其他用意?呵呵不管他
vi) GO TO HOSPITAL ASAP!
vii) 听李伟说你的脚受伤了 我建议上海你不要去了直接回北京 我能应付的来
viii) And call and arrangements made by my HR colleague to go to the hospital in Beijing and our company driver

I always believe ""Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". And you see that reflections wherever you go to.........hahaha!

Choong, Beijing

2 comments:

JJ said...

oooo my dear fren....its good to knew that you are now in better condition. The incident shows "power" of "be good to others".....fren, take good care....

Devil said...

Always have the utmost respect to our single cell bacteria "friends" and mother nature because they have survived for millions of years.

Highly developed Homo sapiens (also known as us Human) is very vulnerable creature.We from the equator area has less immunity to bacteria/virus in subtropical region, vice versa. Take care!