Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mihara, Octopus and ......

Business card, with tel number and Octopus:) logo

Light Box, restaurant signage in front of the restaurant.
A baby Octopus.


A menu, well lite up, using advertising box or lightbox
ceramic chopstick holder, I think this is the male version
ceramic chopstick holder, I think this is the female version

a starter, tentacles of Octopus:)

Steam egg with Octopus. 'Cawan mushi"

Appetizer, Kimchi styled. The other type, actually, I am not very sure
This is the portion that I didn't really enjoy, cause they say Japanese
do not waste any parts of Octopus, seems like some "waste' material.....not
going to disclose here:)
Sashimi Octopus
Tempura Octopus

Rice, in rice steamer, this is cute:)
Octopus rice, with small mushroom

With dessert, this one, no Octopus,,,,,

Most interesting part, my colleague translated in full for me to write
here in my blog. the smoked or dried tentacles of octopus, and they
recommend you to mix it into the warm sakei, and drink it after
immersing a few pieces of tentacles into the sakei. Octopus flavored
I suppose.... but did not try this, too full already.
Today, altogether, I have spent about 4 hours in Shinkansen, about 2 hours in local train, hence, damn tired. But all ended up well though, esp, with my dinner. You see, I am in Mihara (三原), about 2 hours by Shinkansen away from Nagoya. It just happen that this is next to seaside, a harbour, which is about 2 minutes walking distance from my hotel or motel to be precise, called Mihara city hotel, which is again, about 4 minutes walking from Mihara train station.
Ok, the main point is, my colleague booked a restaurant for dinner. And we were on the way to the restaurant, he said, Choong-San, I am not sure if you like Octopus, but.......... I said, no worry, my favourites. And guess what, everything in this restaurant is about Octopus, from Sashimi to Tempura, to rice, to sushi............ouccccccccchhhhh. Pictures will tell everything.

And right after dinner, went over to Jusco (place where you find Jusco means this place is a bit far away from main city areas, though you called this Mihara city, it is just a small city, may be 300-400K in population size. But Japan is a rich country with good facilities. Even with this population size, you have the Subway, railway, highway, biway, all the way ready for you to move in and out.............

Choong, Mihara city, Japan

No comments: