Tuesday, April 6, 2010

5 April-Sweet Potato Buns

Being resourceful and trying to make some good food for myself, I make some sweet potato buns, and this time around, I use the yellow sweet potato (previously I made some steam buns using purple sweet potato).
And take a look at the pictures below:
I think it fermented well. No weighing scale, nothing, just use my gut feeling, on fermentation time, on the amount of sweet potato to use, and steaming time (I do not even have a proper set of steamer yet, will get on Stainless steel soon).
Like what Joyce mentioned in her blog on Onde onde (http://kate-ma.blogspot.com/), I like sweet potato buns a lot, can munch them without stop (have to take note of the extra carb. but don't care that much....la kan, because this is a form of high fibre food, sweet potato is rich in fibre, so, please take note on this).
But I am not satisfied with this, because it is not sweet enough, may be the sweet potato has been kept in fridge for too long and I did not add enough sugar (which of course I don't like too, unless it is natural, and possibly too much flour or not enough sweet potato. I will try to make it another round, with more sweet potato next).

Anyway, enjoying that now......yummy, haha!

Choong, Beijing

1 comment:

Poh Jen said...

yummy! how good if I can send my son for some training with you......