Friday, April 24, 2009

Morning (Luoyang to Xian)

A short posting today, before I go out to see our agent here in Xian.
Last nite, arrived very late, from Luoyang. And it takes about 6 hours journey by bus from Luoyang to Xian. Terrible. Last nite, in the bus, there were too guys (finally we found out that they are peasant-农民as they said, though I don't use this term very much. They just continue smoking inside the bus, and despite my colleague telling them not to. Luckily there is a window nearby, so, we asked him to open the window when he smokes. And to make the matter worse, when the outside temperature is only 16 degree Celsius near hillside, and wooh, you can imagine this journey.
But luckily, then stop, say after 2/3 of the journey, into some agricultural sites, jump off the bus and into the surrounding dark areas. Both my colleague and myself felt happy for sure, we clapped our hands.
Yeah, a long the way, from Luoyang to Xian, we passed by some hillsides, and you still see those people living in 'caves', albeit a modern one, some with nicely built-in doors. But I do not know whether enough sunlight comes in or not, and how it feels like when it rains. Water can sip through for sure, but since they have lived in these cave-like structure, I am sure they know better then any of us. Sorry guys, no pictures to share, but you just imagine along our North-south highways, they there are caves, with wooden doors, and people living inside it. How they cook etc etc, I do not know, cannot answer you.
OK, I got to leave.
I came to Xian before, and I will share some pictures later when I can find the time Now that I start blogging, I think I become very creative and have plenty of ideas, but lacking time.
OK, no complaint. By the way, my hotel room is really nice, RMB 460, it is like a mini suite (talking about hotel rooms, it will be another topic I would like to touch on.............I will be back, stay tuned, hohohoho...)

Bye for now, and warm regards from Xian.

No comments: