Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Borak-Borak Time

Hi, seems like I received quite a few comments about my blog, someone said it is nice, someone mentioned that it is impressive, some asked me to keep up my good work, some said they will continue to comment accordingly, etc etc. Well, first of all, Kamsiah lah (for readers that do not know what Kamsiah is, it is thank you in Penang Hokkien, and you have to familiarise yourself with my multilingual capability (che wah), otherwise my article will be rated as not fun enough. Anyway, I am Malaysian first, hence, Malaysian are known to be creative with languages (or was it lack of it, hence they campur-adukkan-mix and matched, like bubur caca).

Yes, for the blogsite, efforts have to be put in, and it is my personal windowlah, to express myself and my point of view and what I want to share with my friends and acquaintances (may be enemy too, aku tak tahu lah, cause it is very hard to say, but I think no one will become an enemy of a lovely guy like me, isn't it? Betulllllllllllll Kan, that is what Rose Kanchil likes to say.

OK, back to my borak-borak issue today, ok, lets start from the time the day began for me.
I set my alarm clock (in my blackberry) but, a mistake happen lah. Instead of 5.20am, I put it as 5.20pm, you see sometimes, the more features you have with your new gadgets, lebih banyak masalah lagi, kan (more problems you will get). On top of this, I woke up 'prematurely' at 4am, hence, may be because of tiredness and the alarm did not ring as it should be, I continued with my sleep until 6.20am. Kelam kabutlah, but luckily, time and luck were with me. Syukurlah kan, 感谢天,感谢地......

Oh yes, before that, we rewind a bit back to the day before, and I was conducting an interview with my Senior Sales Manager. I am not going to talk about the interview itself, but the final part of the interview, after the formal conversation ended. And this interviewee asked a question.
Mr. Choong, may I asked what nationality are you? S'porean? Malaysian? And of course you know the answer. And next questions, how old are you? funny isn't it, still asking this question.
My colleague asked him to have a wild guess, and he said, 28-29 maximum. And he said, he was very surprised indeed to see a department head at this "young age". Okay, this is sort of quite normal. The next question was the one which made me laughing or smiling, whichever.
He said, I thought Malaysia is so hot, and you still can maintain your youthfulness with good skin, this is incredible. Haha, here you are. My colleague told him, that was because I do not come out when the sun is shining.... OK,ok, before anything else, I guess I better stop here.
Oh yeah, may be my second book, "How to look younger than your age, say if I can maintain this for the next 5-10 years, then I qualify to write lah, but presently, I think it is also okay right?
And again, when I reached customer's place in Zhengzhou, I was asked the same question, though not in the same manner. My colleague said, he has to surrender lah, sebab too many times being asked the same questionnnnnnnnnnnn. So, he made a self-declaration and proclamation..............

Cukuplah dengan topik berkaitan dengan 'youthfulness'. I arrived Zhengzhou, where the famous Shaolin temple is. I will write more about this later, but Shaolin temple is actually below my expectation or I would say, i was a bit disappointed with what I saw there (from airport taxi fare, etc etc). More stories later when I have downloaded the pictures I have taken and share my comment accordingly.
And I am now in Luoyang, the land where the national flower of China is, Mutan flower. If I can find enough time to visit some parks (have to pay for sure, nothing is free in China, another story later), then there will be stories later too.

Nite!

Choong, Luoyang

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Choong,
but did you tell him what's your real age? I am very curious how you answered. and by the way as i friend for 5 years, I don't know your exact age either... =)