Sunday, April 5, 2009

非诚勿扰(If You Are The One)-谢谢冯小刚



This is a movie, a Chinese mainland movie, filmed by director, Mr. Feng Xiaogang.
The English title is 'If You Are the One'.
The reason I write my comment here is because I think this is one of the best Chinese Mainland movies in recent years and I would say, the content is very simple, yet with elegant/beautiful love storyline and well written script. I am really glad that Mr. Feng came out with this good movie, and I have watched this two times, once in the Cinema, and now, in DVD.
If you understand Mandarin, this makes it more meaningful, just pay attention the dialogues between Shuqi and Geyou and the script in this whole movie. Never once you will get bored. It is not the typically stereotyped Chinese Mainland movie, please check this out yourself.
And coupled the superb acting from Shuqi (舒淇) and Geyou (葛优), I am sure all of you will love this. To my Malaysian, Singaporean, Thailand, and friends all around, please try to get this movie. Joyce, if you have a chance to watch in USA, please do so.


And let's analyze the content here, in Mandarin, and I will translate this in English/Malay language. I have to pause my DVD player a few times to make sure I get this script right:

我没有对不起你
我怎么会舍得惩罚你
你说要我等你三年
我等了
你不会要我的
但是我会好好疼你
一直到我们说好的那一天
我以为可以爱你一辈子
没想到剩下的日子
已经屈指可数了

I did not misbehave nor cheat you,
How can I purposely do something to hurt/punish you,
You requested me to wait for you for three years,
I waited,
I do not think you wanted me,
BUT I will always dote on and care for you.
Until the day we agreed upon our matters,
I thought I can love you my whole life,
I never imagine that, the remaining days for us,
Can be counted on one's fingers

Saya tidak sekali pun pernah menipui anda,
Tidak sanggup saya menghukum kamu dengan begitu sahaja,
Anda menyuruh saya supaya menunggu anda selama tiga tahun,
Saya telah pun berbuat begitu,
Saya rasa anda tidak mahukan saya,
Tetapi, saya akan tetap menyayangi anda.
Sehingga hari kita selesaikan perkara antara kita berdua,
Saya sangka saya boleh mencintai anda sepanjang hayat saya,
Tidak pernah pun saya sangka, baki untuk hari-hari kita bersama,
Boleh dihitung dengan jari-jemari kita sendiri (adalah terhad).

Note : I have not taken my dinner as yet, just to finish with this.

Choong, Beijing.

No comments: