Monday, March 1, 2010

Lot 10-Hutong Food Court


Picture taken from Kampungboycitygal.com.

Actually, I think very detailed write-up can be read from this link, http://kampungboycitygal.com/2010/01/lot-10-hutong-jalan-bukit-bintang/
and since I did not bring my camera, I have to paste the picture from Kampungboycitygal.com, just to give friends a picture of what I am writing here.

During CNY, I was here, because I have read about it before in a travel magazine, recommending this place. So, finally I was here. The food court itself with many stalls, in a way, it gives a feeling like Hutong (minus the historical buildings/houses/courtyards).
Many type of food can be found here. I have tried the followings:

1) The roasted duck
2) Soya bean milk with Yau char Kuey
3) Penang curry mee
4) Teh Si ais from Kluang Station, with Kaya & Butter bread

And they also have many other selections, like fried kuey teow, aiskacang, taiping popiah, wantan mee.

I like the roasted duck very much, as I think it is one of the best I have taken so far. Juicy and and texture was good. Soya bean milk with Yau char Kuey was good too. Penang curry mee, though something I like, but I do not like the version they have it here. I like the one with white, santan look-like gravy with fried-redchilli given separately, usually we find this in Penang old shops (I had one in Abu Siti Lane in Penang, when i was back for CNY luckily).
The version they have it here is those Santan cooked with chilli, though I taste quite good, I don't really like it.

They have also this Bavarian food (those selling pig's palm/leg, a huge size), but I don't like this, even when I was in Germany, not my taste, but from what my neighbouring table's order, it looks tasty.

Price, I think for that location, and quality of food served seems to be reasonable (If you have a chance to visit S'pore, to Ion city, the food court is nice too, but the price is very expensive, just for comparison purpose only).
And I have to thank YTL for this. First they have nice and higher end food court in Starhill, which I also like, though more cosy and more expensive, and now they complement this with 10 Hutong, a nice combination, and very good offer indeed for shoppers and travelers like us.
Thanks, Mr. Yeoh and YTL.


That's all for now.

Choong, Beijing

1 comment:

SH Choong said...

谢谢你的称赞.