Monday, March 8, 2010

Book Review-The Element By Sir Ken Robinson

Have not done this for a while, cause I have not read quite a good book, though I bought about 8 books during the CNY break, both in S'pore and Malaysia.
You will know whether it is a good book for yourself, when you read and found one. Besides the content, the language used (I mean the words used to explain the content or meaning what the author is trying to express and tell), the flow of the content has to be 'fluid enough'-like my friend say, enough lubricant, to make it smooth for the readers to read. I do not know about others, but that is my style in choosing a book and if the 'right book or good book' appears for me, I can read, and continue reading, non-stop and will finish reading it in no time. And I can still recall the main points and content of the book:) That is what I categorise as good book and good reading.

The last one I recommended was "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.

And now, try reading this:


Generally, it is a must for us, the employees, workers, or anyone at all, to read this. It explains in very detailed manner, why a person enjoys his/her work enough, why passion exists, and why some people not. Anyway, I am not going to touch more on this, but trust me, it is a good book.

More reviews here:
http://leadershipliteracies.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/the-element/
I bought this book at TimesNewsLink, S'pore airport and it costs me SGD 24.00.

Happy reading.


Choong, Tokyo.

No comments: