Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tax Return-VAT and Money

This is something out of my planning. I brought extra cash, and two days ago, taking into consideration some of the purchases I made, and expected tax return that I am expected to have, and not wanting to keep so much Euro cash later, I have used my remaining 500 Euro to pay for my purchases in cash. And today, when I went to LV shop to get belt, the sales lady told me that the last country I exited will be the country that will give my tax refund. And I asked her, is Poland part of EU, she said yes, but I told her, Euro is not being used. ANyhow, tomorrow I need to confirm with the customer officers at Nice but chances are slim for me to get my tax return here, which means I will only get them once I leave Poland/Warsaw, which also means I will not get this tax refund tomorrow. I expect this to be part of my traveling budget, and when I heard this, I was shocked. My plan goes upside down a bit, and I have to immediately fall back on my contingency plan, that is replan what I want to do, and also use some of my other currencies back-up to get additional fund, this is at least what I can do for now. And some activities I might need to cut down, like buying some crystal wear here. Oh my my, this is beyond my expectation and I need to control my budget for the next few days, just to make sure..... But I am sure, it will turn out well, as I am the survivor, haha. Choong Nice, France

No comments: