Thursday, October 11, 2012

Krakow To Auschwitz-Birkenau

I didn't write anything last nite and the nite before simply because I was a bit exhausted, mentally, after visiting the Nazi camp at Auschwitz.., I just don't feel good after that, and I need sometime to re-compose myself. Sceneries along the journey are beautiful, sunny and blue sky. It was a good day except after seeing the pictures at the camp and explanation given by our tour guide, Anna, and a little bit of my high school history recalling, it sort of makes me understood more that the whole incident. It was more serious than I can imagine it to be, and very much inhumane if you may allow me to say that. I mean how can people do this to other human being, who has done nothing wrong. And I love some quotes I saw during this visit which I would like to share here.
During the 3 hours tour, I was just praying and praying for the souls to RIP, I guess this is all I can do.
I also saw some Israelis (as they are holding the flag of their country), lots of them are there, listening to the explanation given by their teachers. I guess this is an important lecture they have to go through and history that they should not miss out. At the same time, I also saw some Germans visiting too. I think all of us, if we ever have a chance, should be there to understand this once. I am sure, though out mankind history, genocide happens to be in almost every part of the world that has gone through war, but might not be as serious as this one, and might hv not been studied and highlighted as detailed as this one. Anyhow, the key point is, this should not happen at all, as every human being, every being, should have the room to coexist without hurting one another. Coming back to the present, I hope the world is really as peaceful as it seems to be.
Amitabha Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu. Choong Krakow, Poland

No comments: