Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Saint Tropez......

Decided to come here yesterday, as we had had enough of Nice, then Cannes, which we had visited 'in-advance' of our planned itinerary. Yesterday, we went to Cannes with local bus, and for the ride, we paid Euro 1, and it took us 1.5 hours approx. Today, with the train, we started at 12.35, arrived around 1.15pm and it costs Euro 6.80 per person. Then checked in our hotel, and then went back to train station, for us to go to St. Raphael, before reaching our final destination, St Topez.
Heard so much of this place, you know, if you read lots of entertain magazine, then you realise that this is the place where they usually do sun bathing:), as though the sea-water is the fountain youth, able to rejuvenate them, or probably the sea water is in the 'Evian' classe. Anyway, the fact is, the sea water here is attractive to me and clean, crystal clear, coupled with the weather, I think it is a nice one for one to sunbathe. Overall, I would say, St Topez is a nice place and beautiful. Nice is nice, and may be a more mature city (facility wise), but St Topez is more attractive in my eyes. May be because of the beautiful beach, may be the feeling it gives, kind of hard to say.
And today, while waiting for the bus to send us back to St Rapheal, we met a gentleman from Ireland, Dublin, and Gary is his name and we or at least I find him to be quite humorous, and nice to talk to. He mentioned that he likes cooking, and I like to quote a quote, a guy who cooks cannot be a bad guy, :), because I do cook too (talking about myself, haha). As I travel alone most of the times, meeting people like Sumadi and Gary could be fun and important during the course of our traveling, it makes it more colorful and memorable. And if we can become friends and stay in touch after that, it is so much the better. So Sumadi, and Gary, hope that we do stay in touch and meet up further in the near future. While I am writing this, I am actually still at St. Raphael Station, waiting for the arrival of our train, as it has been delayed (in France they say retard) for one hour. Keep our fingers crossed, and hopefully we can reach hotel as soon as possible. Sleeping angels are knocking on the door of my eyes, and I have problem to keep my eyes open widely.... Oh yes, as I was in this hall of this station, I saw 3 gentlemen, I guess they are Frenchs. Could be that they are labourers, or pensioners, does not matter. What I want to say is that, I saw Gentleman 1 bought a cup of coffee, and pass it to Gentleman 2, and he drank half of it, and pass it back to Gentle 1. And 3 of them share a pc of cake. I think there are friends, and probably they are waiting for someone. I don't hope anyone of them is homeless, but the key point is that, I see they are very close, and dear to each other.:) Final point of the day, because of time factor and not sure exactly what time the train will come, and actually not knowing what to eat (besides bread, Baqeut, I am getting bored of them), and full course French dinner takes time and is costly, we chose Mcdonald's. And it does not come cheap compared to what we have back in Penang. I feel so 'poor' here, with the type of food we have here. And it has been ages since I last took any fast food at all.
Talking about food, we also found out one Asian restaurant in Nice, called Mi-Am, I think the various kinds of food they serve are quite good (fried noodles, Vietnamese spring roles, etc) are worth the money you spent. With Euro 2.90, you can get a pc of spring roles (and you really see a few pcs of prawns in it). Imagine you eat the typical sandwich here, cheapest 3.90, almost nothing inside it, except chewing the carbohydrates. I can make it easily, half the price, double the tastiness, anytime. At this Mi-Am, they can sell at Euro 3.50, with lots of chicken meat. Wondering why, was it because Asians restaurant operator is using different biz strategy or was it because local French restaurant operator is not keen on selling volume, rather getting their right profitability? Not sure nah...but the fact is it is possible to have food with higher worth of your money....without us needed to pay more here in Nice city. Choong

No comments: