Saturday, October 6, 2012

AIX-En Province

As there seems to be nothing much to do in Marseille, due to a lot of renovation job to do as it will become the host city for European Union after Brussels, hence, there are a lot of things we cannot see for now. And hence the decision to move to AIX-En-Province. Here, it is basically an outskirt of Marseille, by bus about 40 minutes ride, from Marseille Central station. Very convenient. First we went to the city centre, also known as the fountain city, as the city are full of old fountains...
The city is also the place where famous artiste, Cezanne was born, hence making it very important.
First impression of this city is clean, artistic, but later on as I walked along the city, I saw some beggars (mostly from African cities). The bakeries here Or patisseries here are more tasty and delicious. I found one store known as Paul, and I kind of like this bakery shop.
Oh yeah, people here are basically very friendly, when questions asked, they will try to help in answering them. One problem is that, most of them do not speak English or very little of them. I think as part of European nation, they should at least semi-fluent in this International language. Upon our arrival, and moving to city centre, we met a Chinese nationality friend, coincidentally coming from Beijing, haha. And in the noon time, as there are not many things else to do, we move to an outskirt of this city, a mountainous area, for hill climbing. It is close to 1000m tall, please refer to the picture.
It is very challenging for me, very my tight jeans and long shirt, as I did not expect of the need to climb a hill but anyhow managed to do it well.
Again, at this place, we met two Malaysians, siblings (a Brother and Sister). Apparently, the brother is visiting the sister, for a vacation I think, and the sister has been staying here in AIX for many years, speaking fluent French, good English and surprisingly, after so many years, still speak good Malay. ANyhow, your Malaysian camaraderie will be shown once you are outside Malaysia, and this is what I felt this afternoon. And the lady even offered to fetch to the city (the undersigned thanked her for offering that), I think this is very warm..... I am tired now, need my sleep and tomorrow moving to Nice for a final time, then will fly to Warsaw, for the final part of my journey.

No comments: