Friday, October 5, 2012

Marsaille, France-Day 2

Wow, time passes. Today is my second day here, and my 6th day in Europe. Would like to talk a little bit about Marsaille before other topics coming into my writing for the day. Marsaille, I think is a bit boring, a bit dirty, a bit messy (as we understood, there are a lot of renovations and refurbishments taking place here, could be much better in year 2013). Anyhow, the impression is that it is a kind of poorer condition compared to Nice, Cannes, and St Lopez, and very pale in comparison to Paris, though as I understood it is one of the major cities in France. Hence, Gary, the friend from Ireland, I tend to agree with his comment. ANd two days are more enough to be here, unless if you have some shopping to do, which I did and story to be shared later.
In general, I think the economy is not doing very well, and most shops are empty, what I mean is, shops like LV, Lancel, Hermes (there is none Chanel store here), though the contrast can be seen with the biz activities in HK for these few brands. I managed to find some time, close to 1.5 hours, and I bought 3 shirts (Guess by Marciano, more write up in the Glamorous J later. And I think I bought quite a lot, though the feeling is a bit funny, when I walked back to the hotel, as I do not feel good when people watching me. I think it is different feeling when you shop in HK, or S'pore, somehow it is different.
And I also regret that I brought too small luggage that I could not put in too much things into my bag....! As it is quite clear that there is nothing much to do here, hence, I have planned to go to AIX-en-Provence, the small city, famous with lots of Fountains tomorrow. Lets see that this place is offering. And to end this, this is my dinner, lots of fruits.
Choong Marsaille France 4 October 2012

No comments: