Wednesday, December 29, 2010

People We Miss, Those Who Are No Longer With Us

Occasionally, these people crop up in our mind, especially, when one grows older I would say. I do not know why, nowadays, whenever I have more free time, old memories seems to appear, and mostly on my childhood, the old big house I stayed with grandma, the surrounding, the smell of the air, the fruits we have, the flowers, etc etc.
And when all these come into the picture, the picture of my beloved grandma came up. And I was asking, where she is now, honestly I miss my Grandma a lot. She, I think is not only my grandma, but also my mother, my nanny, the first companion I knew when I know I am a human being born to this world. Could be somewhere in this part of the universe, and will I have any chance to meet up with her one of these days? After I die? Or perhaps she is somewhere, reincarnated? Ever meet her again, and where would that be?
And then my dad, now, 1.6 years after his passing away, I begin to realise that I miss him more. And I agree with what one sentence I heard before from an actress in HK, saying our parents are actually accompanying us, not the other way round, which is very much true. Though dad was not someone on the same frequency with me, but somehow, we know deep inside, there is this father and son respect and understanding.
I miss you, Pa.
I miss also my Ah Mak, for she is the second mother that I know off, and she was the one i learn a lot of my cooking skills from. Though I was glad I went to see her almost every weekend, but I think sometime, when we turn older, we learned to appreciate them more, and I think I did not do enough or spending enough time with her still. But that is life, and I miss her too.
I miss my small uncle, though we were not that close after we moved out, got closer later on, and was the one spent a lot of time during my boyhood age. And yesterday flipping through my mobile phone, I saw his name in my directory, and it pains me that I could not call him anymore. I remember he called me once, and now he is no longer in this world.... haha, that is life too.....

And many more people, but I can only name a few for now.


Sincerely,
Me, Choong

1 comment:

JJ said...

It has been quite a period of time "away" from your blog...busy.....and I like this.

Happy New Year.

Poh Jen