Sunday, December 27, 2009

Taipei To Hualian

After 2 hours train ride, along the coastal side from Northwest to Central-East part of Taiwan, here I am in Hualian. The journey was quite pleasant and very green, passing through many hillsides.
Look at some photos that will speak by themselves. Apparently, I was made to understand by my tourist guide here, that there is only about 100 thousand people in Hualian. And they lead a very simple life here, and agriculture is the main economic activity here. They have very famous sweet potato, and also muachi, which tasted so good.
On yearly basis, they have a stone sculptures exhibition and a museum for that, which I visited too. Devil, my friend, joined me and I have to thank him for organising this trip so well for me, and the tourist guide driving us and showing us around. According to Devil, he brought us to places that most tourists would not be able to find, for example, the nicest foods around in the city.
I have also appended two pictures below, on the food I have taken, and yes, they do have good shasimi here though I did not have the time to try this.
Ok, the story continues for Hualian. By the way, I cycled back to the home-place, and it was quite sometime since my last bicycle ride, cool, riding in the dark and cool weather.







Hualian is famous for its stone sculptures


Look at the trees, a type of Pine trees, planted by the Japanese, which
means they are more than 60 years of age:)
One of the scenes, coming from Taipei towards Hualian. Fishballs-Hualian is also famous for fresh seafood, and this is a good one.

This is also something like wantan, but I do not like meat so much, hence to
me, I don't like this so much though it is a popular dish here.


Hualian Railway Station


Choong, Hualian

No comments: