Sunday, April 21, 2019

Visit to Northern Thailand-Day 8th second half and day 9th (Chiang Mai City, and Doi Suthep)


Actually on day 8th after breakfast at Farm stay, we went to Agriculture university, for another discussion but before that another cafe, but I am not writing more here. But in the afternoon, I was brought to a local market (used to be part of cmu university), and now is on a roadside. They sell all local fruits which is very good and price is very reasonable. The few pictures given below are some of the produce and local products which taste very good.



Banana, 20 bahts each

I love these dried banana chips








On the 9th day, after breakfast nearby university, then went for tea at a cafe, fresh and mild. This lady barista made the best milk tea for me. Then went with another PP's colleague's, Professor Tun for some food and local dessert.



                                        Local Dessert with Professor Tun after searching for some furniture.

 On the 9th day, the afternoon part is very nice as I finally took the transport from CMU main gate to DoiSuthep. I book a car which charged me 500Baht, for two way, and on the way they sent me to the city centre. Usually, if you wait for a truck with 10 persons, u need to pay only 40Baht, but afternoon was kind of lesser tourists, hence I got no better choice except to book for a car. Altogether it took about 3 hours, from going to Doi Suthep, waiting for me there and then sending me to city centre.
Doi SUthep's entrance

                                        Climbing up the steps













                                                   Famous Pagoda at Doi Suthep


























 After Doi Suthep, we went to Bunbing Palace taking a look from outside, and then go back to the old city, the car send me to Phae gate. Hence the balance few hours was spent in the old city centre.



























 Around 640Pm, PP came and picked me up, and we went to meet his university days old friends, who was organising a gathering, before Songkran holidays set in.

                                         The place for good, beers, drinks, and meals, with good music.

A nice and meaningful gathering, and thanks PP for inviting to join in with his friends. It was a fun evening and most of them can speak Chinese (Mandarin).


Choong
4th and 5th April 2019

No comments: