Monday, April 22, 2019

Visit to Northern Chiangmai-Pai

To be honest, I have not really done my homework on this trip and I have not heard anything of Pai, before Professor was suggesting that I should go over here and have a look.According to him, his parents like this place when they first visited. It is kind of like a big village in a small valley town, where you are very much living with nature. And you see more of western tourists, trying very much to be locals.
I like Pai in every sense, except the food, I think they add too much sugar in all their food. THe cafes are nice and actually the area is very green.
Food here are relatively cheaper compared to Chiangmai city, and you can get some local handicrafts here. Nite time, there is one street where you can buy and eat (kind of like pasar malam). One stall that is quite creative with their types of curry puffs they sell, which I like and also there are Thai Muslims living in this town (second town that I see Thai Muslims that are actively participating in business activities after Hatyai city).

First, the breakfast in the hotel was very good, really like the attention given by the chef, Joy and the waitress in waiting, Ms. Ku. They are very attentive, and the hotel name is Yoma hotel, Pai.

Breakfast serves




The famous wat in Pai on the way to the Chinese Village.




                                         The Chinese Village, most of them came from Yunnan, during Kuomingtand time and has settled down in this village in Pai.

The famous white Buddha statue


The nice cafe we went to for our tea break







Lunch we took in Pai, and the chicken rice is quite good. Noodles are too sweet for me



 Another picture of white Buddha in Pai

Evening walk in Pai down, and this one was taken while we were on the way for a short massage before dinner



Dinner of local Pai food, which we ordered, but as I said before, I do not like the local food here cause they are too sweet (they like to use lots of sugar in their diets)

                                         Very much like our satay, but very sweet




Nite market-selling some toys

The Pai Canyon which I do not think is interesting enough for me


Breakfast with HK fried beehoon, which is tasty. I asked the chef not to use any sugar.
Pictures below are cafe we stopped by on the way going back to Chiangmai from Pai, again, very nice environment.





Overall, I think Pai is very relaxing and worth a visit but according to PP, the hotel rates has increased a lot and during peak season it is very expensive. True enough even now, during our visit, the rate is higher than hotels in Chiangmai (Chiangmai has more choices as it is a bigger city and with more tourists hence more competition).

Choong
7th and 8th April 2019

No comments: