Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Visit to Northern Thailand-As I was passing by-Chiangmai-Day 6 (part 1)

Day 6, back to Chiangmai city, staying at Sandouk Hostel, part of CMU.
It is a full day walk around the city of Chiangmai, hence I will be using picture to do the talk.

Typical breakfast offered by mcdonald which you cannot find in Malaysia or other country, very much Thai menu.

Sandouk hotel is next to CMU hospital.


These are pictures they I have taken while walking around Chinagmai city.





This is the shop selling handicrafts made mainly from bamboos and rotan. Didnt buy any as it is a bit hard to carry them back, especially when I am using Air Asia. 

                                         This is something i like to have but due to space constraint, I cannot bring it back home this time around.

An old Lanna hotel, as i was informed by PP, Chiangmai is in the process of applying WHO city.




                                         There is a China town in Chiangmai, next to Warorot market.
Part of Warorot market, Chiangmai



Local avacado




And while in Warorot market, this is the best stall selling local delicacies. I like the baked banana with charcoal and also the stikcy And the price is so reasonable, 5 baht for the sticky rice per piece and 10 baht for stick for the banana.

This BBQ banana is very tasty and delicious.


my favorite baked sticky rice and inside they have this purple sweet potato


A view from a city old wall, next to the river, Ping river.

And right after the Warorot market, I walked using google, to find the lacquerware, Chiangmai. Initially I walked to Chiangmai Lacquerware market but was informed it was closed.  Then, I searched in google, and found another place to visit, and glad that I made it here. The place is known as Praturng Lacquerware, and the factory Manager, William, who speaks very good English, took me around the factory and gave me a brief introduction on the art of making lacquerware. I wish I can bring more items back, but again, I have limted space with my luggage and with the weight limitation, hence no other choice. May be in the next trip....











William, the factory Manager who showed me around.



 And after the whole half day walking in the super hot sunny days, I just went to a small cafe and drank two cups of icy milk tea. And then, the journey continues back to the city, which I shall write in another part, Day 6 part 2, as there are too many pictures to share.



 Choong
2nd April 2019



No comments: