Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Tokyo Now

Arrived to Tokyo today. At the airport, I just realised that they used both Bahasa Malaysia and Indonesia, except in this manner.
For us, Selamat Datang Ke Tokyo
For Indonesian, Selamat Datang Di Tokyo.
Who is right in using this language, ya bu, ya bak. Siapa bilang yang mana betul, ya, pak!

And then, in the airport, today, there were, simply, a lot of Chinese nationalities visiting, like the chinese saying goes, 人山人海. I think there are too many rich chinese going all over the places, and I think Malaysia is not a preferred destination, and instead S'pore is, based on my conversation with the locals here. Ever wonder why? Korea and Japan are also well preferred places for them. That is where the money is, dang.

Back to the trip to Tokyo, I was walking, and jogging for one hour today, circling the whole imperial palace for the first time, cool, a non-Japanese doing that, in the middle on winter, I think it is cool. And in my retirement age, when i look back, I will giggle, thinking of this. The fun is hard to describe here. hahahahahahahahahahhaa........................

Then, after that, of course you get hungry, right and for the first time, I went to the restaurant myself, I mean I order the food, the drinks, a real restaurant meal on my own, without anyone's help. cool isnt it? The restaurant name is Metre- stands for Meettalkrest, got it.


Then, before I came back to the hotel room, I walked around, was wondering whether to take my favorite mua chi with green tea ice cream. But after walking for sometime, decided to try the greentealatte, or macha tea latte, the right term here, and it tasted superb. Price is also superb lah, for the smallest one, JY390. For this price, we can have the regular size in Malaysia or China, but then the tea I guess is different, Here, the tea is macha, and not the normal green tea and it smell good lah, for sure.
And then I bought piece of nice cake, from Daimaru just before it closes, to eat together with my macha latte, apa macam, bagus tak?

That's all for now, until I write again.

Nite from Tokyo
Choong

1 comment:

Devil said...

It is quite adventurous to make food orders in Japan, especially when one doesn't speak Japanese.

Once I was in a restaurant at Seibu department store ordering a set dinner. They sent the chief chef to take my order because none of the waiters spoke english. I needed some 'cold' drinks for my dinner and they struggled to get me a big bottle of 'coke' ( they didn't have any coke there because the place was a classy italian restaurant).Ha! Nevertheless,they are GOOD in their customer service!