Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Flights Delay-I Hope China Airlines can improve further

I took a day off, to go to Huangshan (will share picture later, when I have the time to do so), but on the journey back, bad experience again with China Airlines, CA (a member of Star Alliance). There is no offense intended, but I think there are still big big rooms for CA to improve their services further and as a regular customer and user of China Airlines, I think I also have the right to comment in my blogsite.

Here was the notes I have taken down using my bb, while waiting for the flight, in very unhappy mood.

I have a few times, experience with CA, and though like local chinese here,
fed-up but left with no other option or channel to complain, I have to put this in my blogsite.
At one time, last year, I was using their flight to Busan, already checked-in, but the
flight was cancelled 30 mins before departure time. No apology, no explanation and no compensation for food, transportation. If they need a record (I remember asking our company secretary to write a fax to voice our disappointment, I can dig that out from my Star Alliance membership card with SIA.
On 27th June, flight delayed, because Beijing airport was busy, no offer of apology,
but ok, 'normal' and understandable. My flight was CA 1551.
And tonite, writing from Huangshan airport while waiting for arrival of
aircraft, no explanation again for the fligth delay, just weather. First service counter told us, flight arrival time from Beijing was delayed, from 8.20pm to 9.25pm, then announcement made for arrival to be 9.40pm. And then they said the aircraft has to make emergency landing at Nanchang airport
due to weather condition, no more further announcement.
Next, there were some rain, then it stopped. 2 flights departed, then 2 flights
arrived, one from SH and one from GZ, all are from CZ.
If you said weather is a problem, how can these flights landed? And how can
other flights departed from the same airport?
And flight delayed, no explanation, we were just asked to wait.
And by the way, CA is part of Star Alliance grouping, and being a goldcard of SA, I felt a bit meaningless, because the service is poor, food with CA flights are
terrible (famous, aluminim foil wrapped hamburger is one example). I just wonder how they can be part of SA, when they have not reached
the service standard of SIA, Thai airways, Air NZ to name a few. But the point
is, what further options do we have, as far as flight options are concerned right here in China with Star Alliance?

Note : To be fair too, after 2.5 hours of waiting, we were given a bottle of water, and some biscuits.

But sorry, I forgot to mention earlier, I arrived at Beijing Airport around 3.20am, then took the airport bus, reclaim my luggage, and taking taxi at 4am is again a nightmare. Initially, I asked my company driver to pick me up, but due to the delay, I have to forget about it, and to let our driver rest. As soon as I was a taxi counter, and when they asked where I was heading to, I told them Liang ma mingju, the face change, behavior change. And the driver (taxi number 219169) asked rudely, if I were to use meter or negotiate for the rate. And can I pay more to him, as this is early morning. Which route to use to reach my apartment, and was this personal trip or company, I did not answer him, being aware of the style and attitude. This is another issue, but the point is, if this delayed was caused by CA, dont they have the responsibility to assist in transportation home?

A disappointed customer of CA,
Choong, Beijing.

1 comment:

Devil said...

两岸直航班机出现首宗霸机事件 旅客愤不下机
2009年06月15日 08:32:00  
来源:新华网



 



原订十三日由上海返台的上海航空公司班机,延误将近一天,至昨天上午才抵达台湾。部分乘客不满上航交代不清,在抵达松山机场时霸机一小时。

新华网消息 据台湾《联合报》报道,上海航空原订前天从上海飞松山的FM801班机,因途中遇雷雨,机长返航,延至14日才抵达,旅客被迫在上海多滞留一晚。飞机抵达松山后,八十名旅客愤不下机,经民航部门斡旋才结束约半小时的霸机,也成为两岸直航以来首宗霸机事件。

这班飞机前天上午九时多从上海起飞,共搭载191名旅客;9时55分飞机在两方航管交接处遇到雷雨,机长与台方塔台联系后,决定先飞往西北避雷雨,在马祖上空盘旋二十几分钟,机长可能考量油料不足,决定返回上海,部分赶时间的旅客则改转其它航班返台。

没想到,旅客这一等就等了将近24个小时,直到14日上午八时上航改机重新起飞,一百五十名旅客在起飞前情绪就已沸腾。飞机在上午10时30分降落松山机场后,七十名旅客陆续下机,仍有八十名旅客不肯下机,要求民航方面及上航代表上机“给一个说法”两名民航管理人员及两名航警紧急登机协调,经沟通同意15日上班后调出机长与塔台通联纪录,证实是天候因素后,旅客在11时12分自动下机。

旅客下机后火气更大了。上航紧急决定补偿每个旅客四百元人民币,但旅客忍不住破口大骂“都延误到了!怎么赔?”更有坐在窗边的旅客抱怨,当时机上广播的时候,“明明都已经看到陆地了,居然还硬生生飞回上海!”更有旅客“爆料”,机长临时折回上海是因为“心情不好”。

“飞机返回上海后,我们被丢在候机楼干等,至下午六点才宣布包机改到隔天,并安排住宿地点。”机上乘客表示,从中午至傍晚,一行人不断协调,“结果只有无法决策的地勤人员一直以天候不佳为由请大家等待,同时间南航包机却在松山正常降落。”

针对上海航空飞航台北班机严重延误一事,上航公关负责人昨天表示,此事就是天候不佳因素,机长基于安全考虑所做出的处置,绝无“机长罢飞”的行为。他指出,班机延误后,对于机上旅客都有提供住宿与餐饮,而且宾馆还是一人一间;按说因为天气因素航空公司不必理赔,但上航考虑到影响机上众多台胞行程,领导特别重视,所以每人还额外发给人民币四百元补偿金。14日一早当天气转好立即派遣一架飞机补飞,将所有旅客送回台湾,整个处置过程都已向上海市台办报告。



-- this is something Taiwanese passengers will do to the arrogant airliner,including international airliners. Although not a classy way, but sometimes desperate situation needs desperate measures....