Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shinagawa-Singapore Seafood Republic


Curry crabs, Ya char kuey, fried Kangkung.....





Yesterday, while walking around this area (Shinagawa is about 12 minutes away from Tokyo station), I saw Singapore Seafood Republic, the building, I did not take any picture but a surprise for me. Then in the evening, my friend, Goh-San called me, inviting me to join him.

Though food could not be exactly the same like what we have in S'pore or Malaysia, they tasted unique. I like the so called satay sauce, I think they used some pineapple to make the sauce. ANd for the Rojak, may be the miso (fermented beans was added), which I think is nice in terms of creativity used by the owner of the restaurant. ANd Goh_San says one of the shareholder for this restaurant in S'pore Tourism Board. If it really is, I think it is a very clever move. Not only it makes money (business, was superbly good last nite, all tables fully occupied, it also helps S'pore to advertise, and a tool for them to market S'pore and its activities. Really smart idea (just wonder what Malaysian Tourism board does........may be they should consider it too).


But glad that Goh-San invited, not for the food, but for the atmosphere we were in. It was also a form of blessing, haha. Actually I was at H&M shopping,at GInza, but I rushed back to join them, and I think I made the right choice.

Choong, Shinagawa.

No comments: