Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Sweet Potato Steamed Buns

I bought a stainless steel steamer, and last nite, I rushed back home, to try and make these buns. I am not sure why, since I was a boy, I have already had this strong affinity to steamed buns, esp. Sweet potato buns, and the color I like most would be the from the purplish Sweet potato, not only it tasted yummy but looks fantastic too, don't you think so.

So, last nite, I only tried the yellow colored sweet potato, as I did not manage to get the purple colored type.
Anyway, all in all, I finished that within two hours. Chee Soon and Yung Peng, eyes wide open:)

How to make it: I did not weigh all the ingredients, just based on my 'feeling' loh.
One sweet potato, steamed in advance, and then you mesh them. Flour-organic, yeast, sugar,
enough warm water. And steaming time is also important, 10 minutes under medium flame.






Choong, Beijing

4 comments:

Devil said...

I think you have genes from Northern chinese people inside u, since u are a big fan of buns .

SH Choong said...

Hakka are suppose Northerners, for a start, before the war and many wars after that, that brought them to Southern China, thereafter migrating.

Devil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devil said...

Hakka people are originated from regions north of 長江 and south of 黃河 that is the 河南 province area.

The language Hakka is one of the oldest authentic language of China. Many poems from ancient dynasties are much more fluent when they are read using Hakka , rather than the 漢語 used at present time.