Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Malaysia Day

As a Malaysian, this I will not forget. So, to myself and all other Malaysians, Selamat Hari Malaysia.

But one announcement made in the Star newspaper today which mentioned that the right to use the word Penang now belongs to the state government? If we organise Penangites dinner in Beijing, how do I go about that? Penang dinner in China? Penang Fried Keow Teow nite in Chaoyang park?
Penang nite for Penangites, do we need to apply in advance? It is a bit weird, though the intention is partially understood. But is this not controlling and subjecting us to more problems?
If someone wants to organise a trip to Penang, say Team building in Penang from a company in China? In India? In S'pore? do we need to apply for the permission? I am not sure, but personally I think we are not heading towards the right direction. A point to ponder.......

Happy Malaysia day....

Choong, Beijing

No comments: