Monday, September 1, 2014

Bread again-- With oats and dried fruits



Today must be very productive day I guess, as far as my baking is concerned. I tried 3 recipes today,  pic 1 is one recipe, pic 2 and 3 is another recipe and I also tried out the recipe for scones, but I think it was not very satisfactorily as yet, hence I did not include the picture here (though I can eat it and taste good too, but the texture is not something I want as yet. Will continue to try out more in near future as I like scones too). Pic 2 and 3, the recipe is actually the same as the Hokkaido bread which I shared already in my earlier posting. For pic I, again I tried the recipe from Christine's recipes, but I modified a bit of that recipe to suit what I want.

Here is the recipe from Christine's webpage and my modification is in red:
Ingredients:
  • 350 gm bread flour, sifted
  • 55 gm sugar use only 50gm
  • 5 gm salt  use 4gm only
  • 56 gm whisked egg
  • 7 gm milk powder, optional
  • 125 ml milk
  • 120 gm tangzhong (refer to this recipe for making tangzhong)
  • 5 to 6 gm instant dried yeast
  • 30 gm butter, at room temperature
  • 90 gm dried raisins, or to taste (add in oats and dried fruits)
  • 2 to 3 Tbsp rum (didn't add this)
  • 90 gm walnuts (didn't add this)

Choong
BM

No comments: