Saturday, July 19, 2014

Some Points To Ponder

Having read so many articles about MH 17 and previously on MH 370, and also as a frequent flyers, sometimes I do ask myself, how would all these passengers on the affected flights felt....I mean as passengers, half-way throughout, I suppose they have taken their meals, some we reading books, some we watching movies, some we reading, some were chatting, some are in the toilets, some are playing games, some are drinking beer and wine, some are dreaming, some are thinking of parents at home, lovers, some are planning what to do next when they arrive to the destination...some are meditating, offering prayers....and of course pilots are busy taking care of the flights in the cockpit and air steward and stewardess a busy as usual...

And out of sudden, that moment, the final moment....the final few seconds, I just cannot imagine.
I mean I or us, or just anyone flying, we could be potentially be in that situation (not that I am wishing), but we cannot run away from this possibility if we are flying, be it on mechanical problem or otherwise,......

Sometimes, I really cannot imagine....the final moment, and I dare not to think further. I only wish the affected victims really rest in peace, and my teardrops flow freely now, when I think of these. I cannot do anything, but just, as I mentioned yesterday, offering my prayers to them, and when i go back home, I hope to go again to temple and offer some Dana to the affected passengers. I really hope and wish they rest in peace....may you all rest in peace and may you are blessed always whenever you are.

And to the family members of these affected passengers, take care, and besides that, I do not know what else to say.
Of course I know death is beyond our decision, beyond out control and for a person who believes in Buddhism, who believes in Karma, I cannot only accept this in this manner....and I can only offer my prayers..

Amitabha, and again, to all those affected (the deceased),  may you all rest in peace.
Sadhu sadhu sadhu...


Choong
Mercure hotel
18 July 2014

No comments: