Wednesday, February 23, 2011

22nd February 2011

It was suddenly, with heavy fog appearing in Incheon Island, and hence my flight was canceled by China Souhtern Airline, and as they claimed, this is due to weather (an uncontrollable factor), they washed away the responsibility of providing accommodation to passengers. And the mgr on duty in Incheon Airport says the cancellation was decided by the captain, i repeat, by the captain of China Southern Airlines, and is this not because it was decided by the Airline itself, reason being the aircraft too small to fly in (please take note, 30 mins before that, my colleagues flying off in Korean airlines was taking off safely and many other airlines too). ANd if the are very much service oriented, they can arrange another aircraft, to take the passengers to Shenyang. No, they didnt. ANd the Duty Manager then announced in Korean, that they can offer 30 seats, on first come first served basis, with Korean Airlines, to fly out today, at 10.30am. And imagine how long the queue would be, by the time the message was translated to me. Not only that, the lady on duty, who took my passport and promised to get me a seat did not do so. I went to a Korean air counter to check my seat status in the system, and there was none. And finally, I exchanged my earlier unused ticket from Seoul to Beijing, to Shenyang.
ANd hope I could fly out today.

This airline, again, is hopeless. I remembered, when I used Air China to London, and due to heavy snow (weather again), I was not given any accommodation, whereas China Airlines, where my friend flew off from Taipei, was given one.

Choong, Seoul.

No comments: