Wednesday, August 5, 2009

General

Hi all,
I am, basically, not in the mood to write, cause there were too many incidents making me to be in this 'moody' mood.
For one, may be the weather, it is very hazy here, and it makes me feel so moody. You know, we from Penang usually like clear blue sky(but hold on, as I understood that in Malaysia, or in Penang and due to the serious plantation burning in Sumatra, the haze condition in our place could be worse).
Then, I see the news in Malaysia, our motherland, and the predicament we are in, I am just wondering whether how well are we prepared to face the economic problems. And racial related issues are being brought up again and again, and I think it is getting from bad to worse. Which I hope not. During my younger days, I have friends from all races, and we know where the limit is, and we, though young, know where our differences are, but think we are all Malaysian first, and race come second.
And it makes me recall the song sung by Francisca Peters, Setia, which is one of Malaysians' favorites:

Demi negara yang tercinta
Di curahkan bakti penuh setia
Demi raja yang disanjung tinggi
Kesetiaan tak berbelah bagi

Kepada pemimpin kepada rakyat
Khidmat diberi penuh taat
Sama bekerja sama berusaha
Setia berkhidmat untuk semua

Rela berkorban apa saja
Amanah bangsa tetap dijaga
Kami berikrar penuh setia
Untuk agama, bangsa dan negara

And at the same time, there are various issues that have to be tackled from my job side, the issues of having staff that are incompetent and with different mindset, and taking care of a team 40 plus members of 'babies mixed with adults' make it sometime, losing my steam.
It is challenging, over SUPER challenging and when you have that everyday, it is actually making your life in the high-tension wire. And sometime, I just wonder if I am a normal human being or super human being or soon to be, non-human being at all. I just wonder.....

Ok for now, get back to this later, hope to be in the mood soon.

Choong, Shanghai

No comments: