Sunday, May 10, 2009

Great Wall-Revisited





Yesterday, had a chance to revisit another popular part of Greatwall, Mutianyu(慕田峪),another one would be Badaling which I visited about 14 years ago, during Winter months. So, visiting Greatwall, in another season (summer time), in another location, gives different view, different meaning and different perception of Greatwall. I mean, we always assume that when we see a part of it, then, ok, that's it. But having a chance to see more of Greatwall parts in different location, another one is the the first gate in Qinghuangdao (which is the first point of Greatwall in the NorthEast, I will post another article later. Seems that there are many articles that I wanted to post but have yet to find the time to do so).
This visit was done, upon invitation from my German MD and also with a friend visiting fromMoscow, Sasha who is staying at his home (Sasha is a good friend and there was an article I have posted on him and his wife when I was in Moscow two years ago).
Mutianyu's Greatwall, during summer is beautiful and less crowded. A few pictures will be shared with you guys here. Basically, it was fun to have revisited Greatwall.

Choong, Beijing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great wall is simply stunning....hope i could step my feet there one day !?!