Friday, October 10, 2014

Portuguese tarts...




Actually, this morning I woke up and was thinking what next recipe to try, and this tart coming to my mind, but as I have very conventional oven, it is not easy to bake the traditional cantonese egg tart, hence I chose this Portugese egg tart, due to the oven condition and temp.
Recipe is based on Easy Recipe cookbook which I bought.

Recipe:
Ingredients of crust:  
  • 200 gm  plain flour
  • 25 gm cake flour
  • 125 gm  butter 
  • 55 gm  icing sugar (I think 50gm should be enough)
  • egg, whisked 
  • a dash  vanilla extract
Ingredients of custard:: 
  • eggs
  • 70 gm  caster sugar (I shall try to reduce to 60gm, still too sweet for me)
  • 150 gm hot water
  • 75 gm evaporated milk 
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Happy trying, I think this is good for afternoon tea.

No comments: