Sunday, October 5, 2014

greenapple-cinnamon bread


Yesterday, I was very much looking forward to eat something sour, with raisin (my favourite) and at home, there are a few green apples left, hence my green-apples cinnamon bread. I love this, and it was my breakfast and afternoon for yesterday and today, and later part of the day, I need to start baking again, hopefully something with green apple again.

The recipe:
Ingredients of buns: (this I copy from Christinesrecipe)
  • 350gm/2 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 55gm/3 tbsp+2 tsp caster sugar
  • 5gm/1 tsp salt
  • 56gm egg (equals to 1 large egg)
  • 7gm/1 tbsp+1 tsp milk powder (to increase fragrance, optional)
  • 125 ml/1/2 cup milk
  • 120gm tangzhong (refer to this recipe for making tanzhong, use half of the amount for this recipe)
  • 5 to 6gm/2 tsp instant yeast
  • 30gm/3 tbsp butter (cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature)
  • a handful of flaked almond, for topping
  • extra whisked egg for brushing
Ingredients of apple filling:
  • 2 apples, peeled and core removed, cut into smaller pieces
  • 30gm sugar (I use raw sugarcane sugar, and you adjust this to your own personal taste. I reduce the amount from 60gm to 30gms)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (I use 1.5 tsp, as I like cinnamon a lot
  • I add in 100gm of black raisin too, I love them
  • Nutmeg powder, I add in 1/2tsp

Choong
BM

No comments: