Monday, April 28, 2014

The Flight to Narita Today

Wow, in the many years of my flight, last nite, the flight with SQ11 from LA to Narita was one of the "scariest"....we were flying I think around 35000feet, and suddenly, the turbulence was very strong, it was very bumpy. I was in a very tired and exhausted state, the time difference, not having enough sleep, only manage 1.5 hours of sleep before my departure....etc, and I can hear the captain updating us the status...I mean it was quite nice for the captain to update, and since I am in the semi awake state, it is like half-hearing the explanation, the "afraid" feeling has also been reduced....you can hear the wind, the turbulence, and it was very bumptious, I guess crossing the Pacific sea. You can just feel it, a bit like roller coater. And I also heard the captain was trying at higligher altitude, at 40,000feet if I am not mistaken, and it was feeling better for a while, stable, then after a while, it became again, bumptious. And I heard the captain apologising....as he has tried his best to find the right altitude and to minimise this problem, a very considerate approach.

And for me, in the semi-awake state, I was like thinking what happen if it is really ....you know, but then again, what can we do...I only pray......meditate, and if that is destiny, then it is destiny, you can only remain as calm as possible.....Life is really fragile, haha.


Choong
Tokyo

For my own record:
SQ11, date 27 April 2014, from LA Tom Bradley airport to Narita, Tokyo.

No comments: