Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Singapore Revisited

Oh dear, I promised to write in my blog but just haven't found the time to do so. I need to write more. I guess because nowadays, you can just write send messages via your mobile phone, that uploading your photos into your laptop prior to that just does not sound attractive and convenient anymore. This could be one reason, and next, between Android and your Mac system, it is another issue to tackle. Putting this aside, I just want to record a bit of my recent trip to S'pore.
I think S'pore, which I have never really like in terms of its size and what it is able to offer, has really changed me, with my recent trip. I guess with the current situation in Malaysia (politically, and our current living environment in terms of safety) and after coming back from Beijing (where the air quality is a problem), you tend to look for all these aspects as part of your basic living conditions, and I think this time around, S'pore really gives me a different feel, or I would rather say it is a very positive ones.

Cost of living, not converting to other currencies, based on your purchasing power, I think S'pore is still very good, in fact I think it is better than what we are able to get in Malaysia for now. A plate of Nasi Lemak is just SGD 3-3.50, and a glass of teh tarik (tea is of good quality yeah, mind you) only cost 80 cents. Even if you were to convert this in Malaysian Ringgit, it is still relatively cheap.
Living environment, is clean, with all the greeneries well kept, plants are planted in all housing areas, which you can feel the atmosphere very relaxing even if you were staying in an older HDB flat. Only thing that is very pressuring everyone is the high cost of the private condos (Presently, the same problem is felt in Malaysia, is this not true).

I have a chance to go to an old enclave, that is Changi Village, and I felt like I was "lost" in Spore. It is like back to another era, very much like Taiping lake, with lots of plants, trees, and the houses and shop lots are very much like what we used to have in the 80s, but still well kept and maintained.

And here you feel like all races are living in harmony and each has their own place and space to express themselves well.
I felt like I have fallen in love with Spore this time around......may be our perspective change as we grow older....for me, I think son







No comments: