Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Abu Dabhi

Arrived to Dubai yesterday, then my friend drove me directly to his apartment in Abu Dabhi. Along the highway, as I mentioned before, they are fully lite-up, which means it is bright even in the night time, feeling like we are in a fiesta.
Along the ride, I saw many changes taking place in UAE, many new buildings, and this morning, I can see that the roads are very clean, and all the plants are well kept (pruned and trimmed). I think there are a lot our city and town councils can learn from them. We are in equator, and yet, we do not take of our greens very well, and here in desert, they are trying to create a central part, can you imagine this?

And I was made to understand that not only the petrol is cheap, at RM 1.20 per litre, there is no income tax, no company tax, and car is also tax free, so, in all sense it is quite cheap in many things.
And they are quite open to immigrant workers, and they also build worships places, not only mosque as this is an Islam country, but also they build church, and temples for different religions, like Catholics, Hindus, Sikhs......
Here you can see many different races and origins, from Bangladesh, from various places in India, Philippines, Africa and Arabs too. And according to my friend, they treat these migrant workers very well.

Choong
Abu Dabhi

No comments: