Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 6- Finale of my journey to Istanbul and Prague

Now I am at the lounge of Istanbul airport, waiting for my departure to Beijing. I am looking forward to go back to my nest, for a while.
I have traveled alone, but this is a road that is less traveled and less experienced by me, and it opens up my mind more, let me learn a lot more. I thought about 20 years of working experience will make me cope well emotionally with the situation like in Istanbul, and it seems it was not enough, hence, it is a good learning curve for me. That is why there is a chinese proverb that goes like this, 活到老学到老‘, but I think it is also the saying goes, like once bitten twice shy. Given another choice, i would not chose Istanbul or anything of Turkey for my next adventure. Not the place I would like to come in near future.
Prague, on the other hand, turned out to be a big positive surprise for me, and it was also very fateful (an honour too) for me to be able to see Mr. Harvel's funeral at Prague's Palace. I feel glad that I made the trip to Prague, and although they just came out of communism 20 years plus ago, they are going very well, and catching up everything of European standards, as I can see from the way they deal with their daily life. A really good experience for me and very positive one too. Thanks Prague for letting me see a very beautiful aspect of you. Thanks Istanbul, for letting me see the ugly part of you.

Prague


Istanbul


Today, it was the final day, I checked out the hotel this morning. And I stayed in the hotel, checking emails and reading my stuffs until 12 noon, then checked out. I visited Sofia church, I mean really explore it internally, and this is the best gem out of my Istanbul trip. Like Prague castle, this would the best for Istanbul (in addition to Dolmabache Palace).
Then going to the Basilica Cistern is another eye-opening visit and event for me here. It is very interesting one. And when I walked leisurely in the evening, looking for a simple meal, I happen to meet an Indonesian friend, his name is Lukhman Anuar, from Yogjakarta, Indonesia and now studying in Germany. This chat, with the meeting of two ladies from Korea helped to cheer me up during this trip.
And the finale part of course was that I finally manage to meet a more sincere Turkish business man selling ceramic ware in Istanbul and he is from Ankara, Asian part of Turkey. At least, I feel he was honest enough to sell me his ceramic ware, and not just pushing or trying to make big bucks from the deal. This helps though earlier, around 4pm, a group of two men tried to trick me, into talking to them, 1 hour earlier, a group of 3 men, also trying to hassle or tricked me into talking to them, by asking me the time.....!

Anyway, in short, this is something money cannot buy I suppose. And it is very life enriching. Ok, I got to stop here, as the now the plane is calling for boarding.
Friends reading my blog, thanks for doing so. I am not sure when i will be able to write again, as I am going back to China, and you know I cannot have any access then.

Until then, Happy New year.

Choong,
Ataturk Airport,
Istanbul, Turkey

No comments: