Saturday, October 16, 2010

LA airport/Tom Bradely airport

Dear, aim now at LA airport, and just to share since I am first timer here. And luckily I hv my I-pad with me, hence updating is so easy, there us no need to switch on and off my laptop. Just press the button, and that's it, haha.

Coming back to this topic, I flew from San Francisco airport, under domestic flight, and arrived at LA airport, also domestic terminal. And to search for transfer counter or connecting flights counter is really a big problem. Almost none. And you need to ask, only then I know that you need to go out of this main terminal, and look for shuttle bus, they called it the blue bus. And then you have to search for the right bus stop and next for the right bus which is called Bus A, or the A bus, for international connecting flights. What happens if one does not really know how to read or ask in English? Bear in mind, in USA, Not all people speaks in fluent English, and you have many of different origins that pronounced certain words differently. And for my case, I overheard 'a' as '8', imagine that strong accent they hv, but then using common sense sometimes helps for sure.

For international flight, use Tom Bradely International airport, and you have to make you reach the right terminal, which means the final stop with the Blue A bus. Luckily this lady Ms. Saira helps me too. She is the driver, so, to make sure she took care of my needs, I have already found out her name on the bus counter, and when I address her name in a very polite manner, she smiles back and inform me accordingly which terminal to disembark. So, you see, our marketing skills helps, our human touch helps.

And next is my luggage problem, I want it to be a thorough check-in until Beijing, but United Airlines staff was not attentive enough, then do not search or try their best to find out, even though they are part of Star alliances. But as soon as I am at SIA counter, i feel so relief. They immediately took action and will try to locate my luggage to redirect it to the final destination for this trip. Hope it will be successful, as I do not want to bring he luggage out of the airport, too heavy and further more it is not my mistake:). Anyway, whatever it is, I am glad Leo help, by the way, Leo is a Thai origin guy and with SIA behind, I trust this will be done properly. It is always good to know our Asian airlines provide better services and a more professional one. Thanks.


Choong,
Tom Bradely Airport, Los Angeles

No comments: