Friday, October 29, 2010

HSBC Credit Card Services-The World's Local Bank??????????????????

I am really damn fed-up with this bank. When I am back to Malaysia, the first thing to do is to cancel this credit card which I have been using since day 1, and close all my existing account with them. I did that partially once, and I am going to stop using them totally, when I am back this coming CNY holidays.. Damn it.

Today, at 12.50, I went to a shop, wanting to get something for myself, and I used HSBC credit card, because the exchange rate directly from JY to RM is much better than using my Chinese Credit card. And it was rejected, and the merchandiser helped to call their local bank, and they cannot reveal the reason. I was appalled and feel so ashamed, my card was rejected. That is the beginning. Then I went back to my office and called them (record from my bb, I called them using my BB), and they told me to hold on, and for about 10 mins, I stop the call, as I did not get any feedback and funny thing was, the service centre didn't return my call.

At 13.38, I called another time, and it was picked up, but another guy, didnt record his name down. And he said, the reason being that I didn't inform them that I would be in Tokyo and hence, the transaction was rejected. Then, they asked me to verify my birthdate, and my telephone banking number, which I did. And then continued,apologizing to me, and then continued saying Mr. Choong, reason being that you did not inform us about your coming to Tokyo and kindly let us know how many more days you would be staying in Tokýo. Answer was until tomorrow. And he said, your card can be used within 10 mins from now. Okay, then I finished my meeting at close to 5pm, 6pm Japanese time. And went to buy my train ticket, Narita express, just to make sure. and again, it was rejected. Luckily i have enough cash.

3rd part of this, I rushed back to hotel, feeling very upset, and i called the service centre at 17.15 )a guy called John answered, apologised as usual, guess they are outsourced services, and again, I was put on hold, and he checked with card service centre. And apparently, according to John, my card is still being blocked, read my lips, being blocked. and he said, the card centre needs to verify some private information and I said fine, ask them to call me immediately. he said he was not able to contact the person, as he was not around. And at this moment, it is 6.27PM, and this person or the card centre has yet to call.
Can you imagine this, and the service they provide. Is there something wrong with Malaysians or HSBC Malaysia or what is wrong, can someone enlighten me, the current service level of our HSBC credit card centre_.

Please....................The world


Choong, at Tokyo Metropolitan hotel,
Japan

1 comment:

Devil said...

HSBC has only interest in big enterprises, rather than dealing with the ordinary clients.

The bank at my home town got only 3-4 people working at the front desk, which means you could be waiting for ages before anything can be done.

By the way, it's normal to expect non-return calls from their credit card service department. I was once told that I had to call them back on weekdays because there was only 1 PERSON taking calls during weekend!!

May be you haven't been using their card for quite a long time. They are VERY NERVOUS about credit card frauds