Monday, May 24, 2010

Dr. Goh Keng Swee


Just read about his passing away. Only read something about him before, and how much he has contributed to what S'pore has today.
An article copied from Din Merican's blogsite.

Dr. Goh Keng Swee died recently after leading a life full of achievements for Singapore. Often regarded as the father of Jurong, Dr. Goh is a man of integrity with an awesome intellect. He was also a marvellous Singaporean.

The following quotation reflects the qualities of this selfless man, ever so humble and simple.

Because I think my effectiveness depends on whether I can make a contribution in terms of analysing a problem and telling them that these are the priorities or that is the way of doing it, or whatever. If they accept it, and they find me useful, okay, I carry on. If after some time they say, ‘Look, what you are saying is absolute rubbish,’ then you just hang up your gloves and call it a day.” – Dr Goh Keng Swee (1982)

No comments: