Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dubai-Revisited *Have problems to upload photo, will do so later








Wow,wow,wow, I am still not asleep, despite the fact that Malaysia/Beijing is already 2.ooam now.
Time difference and also, I am insisting myself to write something on Dubai before I go for my sleep (there is a 4 hour difference, with Dubai 4 hours behind us).
First time I came to Dubai was about 4 years ago, via Abu Dhabi to visit Nishen, and Dubai today, as I visit, gives me a total different impression. New, advanced, impressive service and creative in coming out with ideas.
You see, we (with my German colleague), we arrived early in the morning, 4 am to be precise.
And in less than 10 minutes, we are out from the immigration to custom clearance. You need not fill in any arrival card (immigration card), and hardly any questions asked. And when we go through custom clearance, also, no form is to be filled. I have the feeling they just welcome visitors, and very efficient. Anh having using EMirates' business class, we were allowed to use Emirates limousine service. And being a first time users, we are not sure where to find them, but the signage is very clear, and in less than a minute, we are at the counter. And then in less than 30seconds, when our first names were given, the car is arranged. And the distance between this service counter to the Limousine counter is about 60m, and before we arrived, the counter supervisor was already walking towards our direction, holding a message decoder (by that time, he has already received the information). And no further information needed, no further question asked, except which hotel we are, and then in less than 20 mins, we are in our hotel.
And my German colleague was very impressed, and me too, honestly. This is what first class service meant, and based on my colleague's opinion, in this respect, they are still number one, and S'pore airport is still slightly behind in this aspect.
Now, I understand why Dubai is so successful, in transforming their country into a service oriented, and like S'pore, they are dependent a lot on foreign workers. To me, they are just amazing. Looking at their airport, now I know why everybody is very impressed with Dubai airport, and KLIA, sorry to say that, is pale in comparison. And we want to make our airport into a regional hub? Way to go, baby, and a lot of hard work to do, and a lot of things to learn from Dubai.
OK, guess enough for now. Going to share some pictures, on hotel I am staying for this time (Park Hyatt- Dubai Creek, World tallest taller, Jumeirah beach, my hotel room, etc etc). Please go through. And after this, it is my sleeping time. Nite.

Choong, Park Hyatt,
Dubai Creek, Dubai

No comments: