Monday, July 27, 2009

Deepest Condolence-Takziah


Here you are, the news on the passing away of one of my favorites movie directors of all time, Puan Yasmin Ahmad. Films like Sepet, Gubra, Muallaf are a few examples, which you will definitely have watched or have heard before, and also perhaps, Petronas' advertisements during festive seasons (Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali), I am sure most of us have watched these before.
Sad to hear that. She is one example of true Malaysian and who makes me feel very much a Malaysian first and proud to be one, and I will miss her though I do not know her personally. Life is short, and that we take for granted that she will always be there to churn out more films, but it seems it will not be the case anymore.
May you rest in peace and I will miss Yamisnthefilmmaker, you will always be in my mind.


Choong, Beijing

2 comments:

Devil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devil said...

I attended a short seminar after showing her film "Talentime" to the public during Film Festival in Taipei.She was there to share with us the stories of her fim making. She was a wonderful , kind and greatly talented person. Never thought it was the first and last time I was face to face with an extraordinary true MALAYSIAN!!